So I'm going to get thankful a little bit differently today.
- I'm thankful that this is day 23 of NaBloPoMo. One more week and I am done!
- I'm thankful for the laughter that comes when my son and I are joking about blogging. His new thing is to say, "Are you going to blog about that?" to almost anything I talk about. I'm glad that we can laugh about it.
- I'm thankful my daughter had other kids to play with this Thanksgiving. Our usual holidays now don't include other little ones so both Colin and Marley are it. Colin is getting old enough that it isn't that big a deal for him but for Marley, it is nice for her to have someone to play with.
- I'm thankful I don't live in Civil War times. I just finished The March by E.L. Doctorow and am about one quarter of the way through March by Geraldine Brooks. From better medical treatment to more freedom as a woman. I'm happy to be a 21st century gal.
- I'm thankful I didn't have to cook this Thanksgiving. Not that I usually cook. I'm just thankful I got out of it again this year.
- I'm thankful my husband loves me even when I feel fat.
- I'm thankful I get to read The Penelopiad for book club. It looks really good and I am excited to read it and talk about it with the book clubbies.
- I'm thankful this list is almost done because this is turning out to be kind of a sucky post.
- I'm thankful for the pretty blue glasses I received this week.
- Finally, I'm thankful the drive out to where we are spending Thanksgiving, which should have taken one hour and instead took 2 3/4 hours, wasn't 3 hours. That fifteen minutes makes a difference.
Until tomorrow (when I will try to come up with more post-worthy material,)
23 down, 7 to go