Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tale of a Nutcracker

Marley and I took a little trip to the happiest place on earth. No, not Disneyland--Target. Okay, it isn't the happiest place on earth, but we had some shopping to do and I had a Target gift card. Marley wrote down our list: shoes for her new dress, shoes for the play, tights for her new dress, tights for the play, a new holiday tablecloth, paper plates. I also knew I wanted to look for a case for my new iPod Nano. As we wandered around Target I saw nutcrackers. Every year we buy a nutcracker. I think we have been doing it for about 10 years. Anywhoo, I thought that it would be a good idea to get our Christmas nutcracker. Bad idea. Target's idea of nutcrackers this year include a Captain Jack nutcracker, a military man nutcracker and this:



A pop star nutcracker. Of course Marley assumed it was a Hannah Montana nutcracker, which is the one she wanted.

No!

No!!

No!!!

Christmas celebration begins after Thanksgiving and pop star nutcrackers are forbidden. Is that too much to ask?  The LUE family nutcracker is just going to have to wait until a more suitable one can be found.

Pop star nutcrackers! Ridiculous.

Dividers Pictures, Images and Photos

You may have noticed the gigantic Salvation Army kettle in my side bar.  I'm trying to raise money in my little virtual kettle.  If you are cool with the Salvation Army and have a dollar to two to spare, you can click on the kettle and drop in a few virtual coins.  My goal is $125.00.  If you can help great.  If not, no worries.

29 down, 1 to go

1 to go!!!!!


5 comments:

John Ross Barnes said...

Nutcrackers...it never even occured to me that there would be a collectable variety of those.

Hope you find one that suits for this year.

Aliki2006 said...

I saw those nutcrackers and I was horrified...but what a neat tradition to have--I hope you find a suitable one soon!

I saw your kettle--I'm so glad you're doing this.

Mel said...

What a cool tradition. What a sorry nutcracker you were smart enough to not pick up and give a home to.

And himself is volunteering with bell ringing for the third year now.
Does his soul good, yaknow?
<--does my sanity good! LOL

Tara Lamont said...

Captain Jack and you did not get one! What would Dr. Who say. The kids have always picked out a nutcracker for their Grandmother for Christmas - I'll have to give the ones at Target a look see.
Tara

ewe are here said...

Just the thought of a pop star nutcracker makes me shudder.