Monday, September 25, 2006

Sleeping with Bread Monday: with Complaining and Relief

Note: I've been updating links at the bottom of the page as I notice other bloggers who are Sleeping with Bread. So, if you keep getting a new post notification, I'm sorry! :) Mary-LUE

In the past week, for what am I least grateful?


Well, it may sound childish, but I am least grateful for responsibility. It sucks. Please Understand Me describes an ENFP (my type) as "not likely to be interested in the less-inspired routines of daily maintenance..." I am too much of an unstructured personality and my husband was gone for ten days. Ten days of doing the pick ups and drop offs for school alone. Ten days of grocery getting, meal handling, etc. I have help available to me and I do take advantage of it; however, the responsibility of getting that help arranged aggravates me. How pathetic do I sound? I know I do but I am just trying to be honest. Paul has actually been back since Tuesday night, but the responsibility hangover continued for several days. y, all I wanted to do was climb in a hole, alone, with chocolate and soda--real, full of sugar, Coca-Cola--some books, the television and a computer.

In the past week, for what am I most grateful?

5:58 p.m., Tuesday, September 19, 2006

That is the time and day and date that Paul walked into the skateboard shop this past week. I was there with the kids to get Colin new skateboard parts. At 5:58 p.m., Marley got to throw herself into her daddy's arms. At 5:58 p.m., I got to resume partnering in responsibility for the kids. We could again divide and conquer, after dinner Paul going one way to get Marley home and my going another to get Colin to a youth activity. The next morning, I made breakfast, Paul drove Colin to school, I finished getting Marley ready for school and Paul drove Marley to school. Back and forth, sharing the burden and the joys. That is the way it should be.

Also Sleeping with Bread today:

a typical brat of nonsensical text: Sleeping with Bread Requires Sleeping.

Terri B of Tip of the Iceberg: Sleeping with Bread Monday:Traffic Time and Reading Time.

life girl over at life girl joins us in SWB also.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh, man. 10 days is a long time for the spouse to be gone. You need a break, no doubt.