Monday, August 28, 2006

Still "gone fishing" but couldn't let the day go by without Sleeping with Bread

Well, I am stuck with...












very...












slow...










dial-up...










but remembered that today is Sleeping with Bread Monday and I couldn't let that one pass me by. So, here goes:

In the last week, I am most grateful for...

...an opportunity to get away for a few days. I wasn't sure it was going to happen, but it did. Yeah! We are staying at the beach and I mean at the beach. It is right outside our window. The sunsets are beautiful and the temperature is perfect. I brought oodles to read but was waylaid when I found a complete set of The Forsyte Saga by Galworthy. I've seen part of both mini-series on PBS and had been wanting to read it. I'm almost half-way through, so I need to keep at it! ;) Of course, I'm in the middle of Rilla of Ingleside and I'm supposed to be working on The House of Mirth of book club but sometimes you just have to read what is in front of you and that means setting some others aside.

However, in the last week I am least grateful for...

... the realization that I am too dependent on the modern conveniences of life. We don't have very good cell reception here, the apartment phone only lets you make local calls, the dial-up is prehistoric. So, it isn't that these things are lacking or unavailable here, it is how much I want them. I'm only gone for four days and I'm feeling the pain of a slower life. (Sigh!) I need to take this to heart and ponder what changes I may need to make when I get home.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

The beach outside your window! How wonderful! Enjoy the time away and the reading too:)