Monday, August 21, 2006

Sleeping with Bread Monday

In the last week, for what am I least grateful?

I'm starting with the "worst" side of things today because I just want to get it out of the way. If I can vent this then maybe my mind and spirit will be more clear to know what I am most grateful for. I'm also going to be greedy and talk about two different issues.

The first thing I have been least grateful for this week is the noise level in my house. Actually, it isn't just in my house, it is anywhere my daughter is. She has always been a noisy one. While my son had his bursts of temper and was very talkative, my daughter is all about grunts, screams of delight or screams of anger, whistling. . . IT NEVER STOPS. Lately, her volume knob has been stuck at 11 and the rest of us are at our wit's end. This makes the rest of us more irritable and so guess what? We get louder in our efforts to quiet her down. It is not pretty. Throw in the chemical reaction when Son A is infused with a little Daughter B and it is quite combustible. I was trying to carry on a conversation in the church lobby yesterday and realized I was getting some horrified stares. My son and daughter were like two cats hissing and swiping at each other. Does anyone else ever put their kids on time out from touching each other?

The last thing today I am least grateful for is my visit to the home health care company today. I have my CPAP and it should all be fine; however, when I got there they asked me what mask I used? It was on the paper work. They didn't have any of the mask I used in stock. I thought it was a big deal which mask you used in your sleep study. When I asked about insulating covers for the tube to help with condensation, the respitory therapist looked at me like I was crazy. Why is it that whenever you deal with more than one group of people with any medical issue, you get told something different at each step. (Picture me now, fists clenched, jaw clenched, grrrrrrrr noises being made and steam coming out of my ears.) I just cannot deal with that and in my sleep deprived state, I am beyond Beyond in trying to deal with it.

Moving on...

In the last week, what am I most grateful for?

I do finally have my CPAP machine. The mask issue got worked out today and if the substitute one doesn't work, they can order me another one. This has been a long road, and although I have to expect some adjustments to make in getting used to the machine, it is just the two of us now. Me and my new sleep shadow doing our best to make the best of this sleep apnea situation.

I am relieved...
I am anxious...
I am hopeful...
I am wary...


I am ready.


Go check out Michelle of ky coop cast and Sheila of Musings of a Mommy to read about their Sleeping with Bread Monday.

NOTE: To learn how to Sleep with Bread, click on the link in my sidebar. I'd love for you to join me in this spiritual exercise.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Yeah! Your new sleep shadow!! I hope you get the sleep relief you so deserve. Keep us posted! How will it work?