Thursday, August 31, 2006

A Perfect Post for August

A Perfect Post

I am a rabid blog hopper and a few weeks ago, I came across Whatever, Mom. I've enjoyed reading this blog and a couple of days ago, this post describing a mother's efforts to give birth to her child went up. I think it is a beautiful post. I considered a home birth for a nanosecond (nixed by Paul and insurance concerns) when I was pregnant with Marley and really wanted to have a natural childbirth. Alas, it wasn't in the cards for me with either pregnancy. There are things you wish you knew and things you might have done differently and things you don't have any control over. The important thing, though, is the result. I was fortunate, during both deliveries, to have the support of my husband and sister-in-law at both births. Actually, at my daughter's birth, I had three friend present also! Anyway, this post made me remember the births of my children and reminded me of just how difficult yet wonderful the process of giving birth is for the mother. I hope you enjoy reading it.

To check out the rest of the August Perfect Post awards go to Surburban Turmoil or Petroville. Lindsay and MommaK will have them listed.

Note: I posted this early due to my um, er medical procedure tomorrow at the of dawn. The rest of the August Perfect Post awards will be up tomorrow, Friday, September 1st.

1 comment:

atypical said...

hope your roto-rooter visit is quick and easy