Saturday, October 28, 2006

I may regret this in the morning...

I've been brewing up a post about my travel to and from Kentucky and my adventures in extroversion during said travel. It just isn't coming together yet, so I will save that for another day. . . or not. We'll see.


Instead I find myself with no real direction but wanting to get something out there. I guess I could consider what that means. Why do I want to get a post up. Do I feel pressure to keep posts coming? Do I just want to "talk"? Blah, blah, blah.


Or, I could talk about my recent re-delving into the book Nurture by Nature by Paul D. Tieger and Barbara Barron-Tieger, a book on personality and children. I've known what personality I think my son is for awhile but haven't really nailed down what I think my daughter is. I've gotten closer this week and it is sooooooo interesting. For those of you who are familiar with the Meyers-Briggs Temperament Inventory, she is swinging mostly toward being an ESTP with some ESFP leanings.


Then there's the comment my son made tonight that "Dad did better with us while you were gone than you do when he is gone." He was just stating his observation, nothing personal intended, I'm sure. (I do know that this is true as far as keeping the house up and keeping Marley busy but who wants that pointed out?)










I am about to go just a little bit insane watching all the political commercials as we get closer and closer to the next election. How do you know who to believe or what to believe? Where do you get the information to know whether Candidate A really took money from Insurance people or that Candidate B is really, never, ever, pinky-swear going to do that?


There is the cutest pregnant guinea pig at a small pet store nearby. They are going out of business in the next few days and I am glad. Marley asks for a new guinea pig every time we buy food or bedding for the ones we already have. Being the chief pooper-scooper, I have no intention of adding to our piggy duo; however, that pregnant piggy is so, so adorable that I start thinking how precious teeny, tiny little guinea pig babies would be. That store will be closed before those little temptations will be born. I repeat: I am glad about that.



Hugh Laurie is going to be on Saturday Night Live tonight. We'll be recording that for later viewing.


Maybe part of my problem is the weather. It has been hot and windy and my sinuses are acting up, probably exacerbated by the CPAP that is my night-time sleep partner. The air quality is also worse because of some horrible fires that are burning a couple of hours away.


Um... I'm getting embarassed now. This is rambling at its worst.


But I'm still gonna push that "Publish Post" button.

1 comment:

atypical said...

Glad you pushed that publish button!

It seems that I am right there with you in the "no direction but want to get something out there" realm. As a matter of fact, I have noticed that many of my favorite blogs have been a lot less vocal lately. Do you suppose women who blog together cycle together? :)

Guinea pigs are sooo cute. I am happy for you that the pet store is closing. It is sheer torture for me to take the kids to a pet store as well, so I can understand.

-t