Thursday, May 25, 2006

a jar of clay










a jar of clay, I am
cracked, through and through,
but not falling apart

a jar of clay, I am
held together by a Light from within
by a Paradox which altogether breaks and binds me
the Light meant to be housed inside me but
created to be seen by others
only by holding my form around this
Treasure can I be who I am meant to be. . .
a Testimony

a jar of clay, I am
a mystery to the other jars around me
from the outside they seem. . .
whole, flawless, perfect
but the Treasure cannot abide in a jar
unwilling to be broken


by Mary
April 2002

4 comments:

Terri B. said...

Very very nice. I like "but the Treasure cannot abide in a jar unwilling to be broken."

Chickenone said...

I'm impressed. I want more!

Unknown said...

Well, my work product comes quite slowly. You see it is dated 2002. It was brewing for 3 years, I wrote it 4 years ago and I haven't written anything since!

S said...

lovely & lyrical!