Saturday, April 29, 2006

A mommy blog referral

"I’m not a Mother. Mothers are elemental, all-seeing, fierce when necessary. I’m too tired to be fierce." Asha, Noms de Mom, April 19

"I kinda feel bad saying that time without my kids is my favorite. Until I realized that my second-favorite time is the time I looked forward to when I missed it every day because I was working full time. The time when I see their sweaty hair sticking to their face and their rosey cheeks: The time when they wake up." Jojomah, untitled post, April 25

I came across a great post, Noms de Mom, by Asha, a guest writer at Mommybloggers. She reflects on different expectations of the words mom, mama, mother, etc. In doing so, she examines motherhood and her need to maintain her identity as "Asha."

It also reminded me of some reading I have been doing over at jojo-mama, a new blog by Jojomah. Having been a full-time working mom, Jojomah writes succinctly but clearly illuminates her new life as a stay-at-home-mom. Like Asha, you can read in Jojomah's posts her examination of her life as a mom, wife, and former career woman.

I think you might enjoy what they have to say.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Great links - read them both. I'm always amazed that I'm a grownup, with two kids and a grownup house and everything. I still feel like I'm in my 20s and haven't figured life out yet.

Unknown said...

I feel the same way, until I'm around people in their 20s... then I definitely feel older and, to tell the truth, wiser.