Thursday, July 13, 2006

Booking through Thursday, Pristinely




Booking Through Thursday

  1. What is the most pristine, perfect book in your collection? The one that looks like it's never been opened (and in fact may never have been)? Whose binding is uncracked, the corners still perfect? Credo by Jaroslav Pelikan

  2. Why is that book so perfect? Was it a gift? Is it a coffee table book too beautiful to use? Something you simply have no interest in and haven't bothered to open? Credo is in the best shape because a) it was expensive; b) it is too academic to be read easily; therefore c) it hasn't been handled much.
I read through a lot of the posts for this BTT and, wow, I am so different than many of my fellow book lovers. I do not keep books in great condition. If there is a bookmark handy, I use it, but I will fold down corners. Dust jackets get lost or torn. The bindings--oh! the poor bindings. I guess someone should call BPS (Book Protective Services) on me. Would Spec Ops 27 handle that?

2 comments:

Terri B. said...

I'm such a book weirdo. I treat my books like they are the crown jewels. I think I should be a little more balanced on this issue!

Sheila said...

Oh, a literal literary reference! Be still my heart - I just LOVE that!