Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lessons in Career Advancement

In a move sure to impress my (hopefully) future employers, I forgot about a mandatory meeting for my new internship.

Don't gasp too loudly, I didn't miss the meeting. I just replied to an email from the head of the program that hires the interns with a "What meeting?"  Five minutes later, an all intern email memo went out reminding everyone of the meeting and the importance of attending all mandatory meetings.

I am equal parts relieved to have not actually missed the meeting and red-faced(Schrute beet red) about forgetting it in the first place. 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would've been even more embarrassing if you were actually wearing that shirt.

Terri B. said...

Glad you didn't miss it!

John Ross Barnes said...

a "D'OH!" Homer moment, aye?

Shari said...

Oh my gosh. I have to get my hubby that shirt. Lol.

I'm glad you didn't miss the meeting. :-)

michelle michael said...

how funny, i was just thinking that dan would love that t-shirt!