Monday, May 14, 2007

Sleeping with Bread: Burnt Bread or Rising Dough?

I don't have much in me for writing today. In the throes of PMS, I'm also nursing a unprotected tooth. I shattered my temporary crown yesterday. The permanent is due to be delivered today and my appointment is tomorrow morning. Since I am not experiencing any pain, I agreed to wait instead of having to go through the process of making a new temporary just 24 hours before the permanent one is available. In the meantime, my already hormonally-imbalanced person has to eat on the right side, not subject the tooth to hot or cold, etc. It isn't that big of a deal but it is a thorn in my side.

From there it could easily be that infamous slippery slope--the one in which I get focused on everything that is bugging me today, burnt bread.

Instead, though, maybe it is just an opportunity for some dough to rise, in preparation of a perfectly baked loaf of bread. But you know what you need to do with a loaf of bread that is rising? Cover and leave it alone in a warm place.

Maybe I'll go back to bed...

5 comments:

Terri B. said...

Love your bread analogies! Hope the dough rises nicely :o)

Aliki2006 said...

Oh no--hormones AND a bad tooth--I'm so sorry...

atypical said...

Hopefully the rising is now complete and you are about to partake of the yummy goodness that patience brought to pass.

May today be a crowning achievement! I know, boooo hiss on the oh so obvious pun.

{{{hugs}}}

-tommie

daisies said...

oh hon, so sorry to hear of your woes ... big hugs!!

Sheila said...

Covered and warm - good one! :)