Friday, June 30, 2006

Booking through Thursday with Repeats




Booking Through Thursday

This week's questions were suggested by Marie.


  1. Do you ever reread your books? Oh yeah!

  2. If so, which ones? If not, why not? 1) Dick Francis books are like candy to me. A tasty treat. They are quick reads and there are so many of them, I always forget enough detail to enjoy them over and over again. 2) The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever. It is an epic series and once I get started on the first one, I have to keep going to get through all six. The payoff comes at the end. I have re-read that entire series at least three times and I think it could possibly be four. 3) A Severe Mercy. I can't count how many times I have re-read that. 4) To Kill a Mockingbird. 5) Many others... I can't think of them all, because, as you can tell, my name is Mary, and I'm a re-reader.

  3. Do you read the books the whole way through or pick through for favorite scenes? I almost always re-read a book the whole way through. I can maybe think of a few occasions where I just wanted to read a specific paragraph or section because it is just that good.

  4. What qualifies a book for the reread pile? 1) Like I said about the Dick Francis. Sometimes they are just very enjoyable and quick reads. I know that I will like them, maybe don't remember all the details and so it still is fresh and I know what I'm getting. 2) Some books are just epic to me. To Kill a Mockingbird, the Thomas Covenant books. There is just something big about them to me so my spirit gets renewed re-reading them. 3) And finally, shoot me if this isn't a good enough reason, because I'm bored and it is there.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Bummer about your friends not knowing about the Thomas Covenant books, Mary. Nearly everyone in our current circle of friends has read them. We're all big fantasy and sci fi readers. Actually, we're all just big reader! :-)