Well, not EVERYTHING but after a post about Life that was followed by a post about the Universe, it was a given what this one would be called.
So here is a list of LOTS of things that I love about my town.
- The Jacaranda trees that bloom every spring
- The downtown market that shows how much community we have in our community
- Frati Gelato! The YUMMIEST gelato and sorbet made by someone who went to gelato school in Italy. Did you KNOW there was such a thing as gelato school?
- 25 minutes to the beach
- 45 minutes to the mountains
- My daughter's alternative, multiage class in a public school
- Hill!!! Paul and I lived in Texas for almost four years and it was FLAT where we lived. I love our hills.
- Excellent restaurants. I think we have a surprisingly large number of restaurants that have very good food.
- Old houses. We have some lovely old houses. I love old houses.
- Starbucks. I know, I know. Starbucks is so ubiquitous. I don't care. I like not being more than five minutes away from a Starbucks not matter where I am at in town. So sue me.
- My son's high school. It has excellent programs... the arts, honors, a farm (!), a culinary school, a nationally ranked speech & debate team (and yes, sports). It also is over 100 years old. Again with the old. I like old. Which leads me to. . .
- Hosted at the 100+ year old high school auditorium, the Orange County Theatre Organ Society shows silent movies accompanied by a Wurlitzer organ. The next showing is Nosferatu, A Symphony of Terror. I think that's pretty cool.